Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Taking Stock

Now I've moved to the Gold Coast, it seems like a good time to take stock. So far I've put $4600 into 26 single tables for a total return of $9070, and $1325 into 6 MTTs total return $955. Total total $5925 in, $10025 out, $4100 profit. Cool !

My flight back is now on the 27th, which gives me 15 days, give or take. The first target is simply one of volume ; I should put at least $10K into action over the rest of the trip. It's like a main event of my own :-). As for performance targets, the way the single tables are playing I'd be disappointed to lose anything on the rest of the trip. $3000 profit would be OK, $6000 good, $9000 very good and $12000 or more excellent.

I think I have probably run a bit hot on the single tables so far ; I can certainly think of many more occasions when I've outdrawn someone than vice versa, even allowing for the fact that I'm in with the worst of it more often than not [1]. However, by now I also have some better ideas of how to play them, how to handle the chopping and which games are best to play in. We shall see how it goes. I might still play a $500 MTT or two but the bottom line is that these single tables should provide twice the hourly rate I could possibly expect anywhere else in the world at any time of the year, and as such I should fill my boots as much as possible. You never know, some bean counter might decide to make satellite chips non-transferable next year. Worse things have happened (although I can't think of many off the top of my head).

[1] Seriously, check this post for the explanation why.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?