Saturday, May 02, 2009

 

April Wrap

After all that to-ing and fro-ing, I still managed to put $25K in play through April, and made an acceptable profit considering the absence of a big score - August was the last one which is a little disappointing but there's nothing you can do about it but keep at it and there's always next Sunday !

I've tweaked my schedule again and it feels really good now. I play both $100 rebuys on Stars ; for the first one, I'm just nitting it up for the rebuy period while I'm eating dinner, surfing the net or whatever, then I add in some of the shorter tournaments that start at 8pm - Party 150, Paradise E50R, Ongame 50R, Betfair 100 and so on. I take up any slack with turbo satellites on Full Tilt (they have some nice turbo FTOPS sats at the moment), kick off the $100 rebuy turbo at 9, and round it off with some more turbos from 10-11, finishing with the $200 FT Turbo.

This means I'm leaving out some tournaments that I've done well in this year (like the iPoker 2045 comp and the Tilt 100 rebuy), basically because they just go on too long. The way I have it set up now, if I'm still in anything at midnight then it'll be very close to the business end. In the long run, tournaments is tournaments, and results in one particular tournament are so dominated by variance that it's a mistake to read too much into them.

I'm quickly adjusting to the dynamic in the Stars 100 rebuys, with 3 deep runs last week - annoyingly losing flips to finish 15th, 6th and 10th, but that should come soon enough. This way I can put $2K in play in a 4-5 hour session, and because it doesn't go so late, happily play more nights per week which is great.

Finally, I'm going to be playing a few Omaha tournaments this month, in FTOPS and ECOOP, as part of a fun project with BoylePoker, so look out for that. The angle is "teach a NL donk [me] to play Omaha tournaments [in two weeks]". But how hard can it be :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?