Sunday, October 26, 2008

 

Annette Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas

It's the UK Poker Open this week, being filmed in Maidstone, and I'm in the mix again. It starts tomorrow, I'm playing on Friday, as in the heat draw (and odds) here. It's safe to say that I have a more difficult heat than in the last event, but I'm still confident I have a good chance going into this. As long as Jesse hasn't bokked me. I think it's quite funny where he says I'm "more solid than Annette". Does that even mean anything ? It's like being hotter than absolute zero. He might as well have said that I'm more emotionally secure than Hellmuth. And hence the title, although of course it includes another obscure reference.

In general it's not as soft a field as I was anticipating but on the other hand lol donkaments so we'll see what happens. The semi-final from the previous event should be on Channel 5 on Wednesday night/Thursday morning around midnight, you should also be able to pick it up after the event on the Five Demand website (UK only). I've already seen a version of this and unfortunately the game dynamic 4-handed, which was very interesting at the time, doesn't really come across but that's not surprising, there's only so much you can do in an hour.

As of the now, I'm going to take advantage of the time difference tonight (Daylight Saving having ended here but not for another week in the US) to play some of the later tournaments, like the Sunday Million and the Tilt $150 rebuy. It's also the start of the LEOCOP festival on Ladbrokes, which has a leaderboard freeroll for the controversial extra seat in the Poker Million semi-final. That would be funny to win that, just to see everyone's faces when I roll in as the "freeroll Internet n00b".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?