Thursday, June 19, 2008

 

Pep Talk

I just wanted to post something on here as a reminder. I was playing well in the Stud last night until I completely lost my focus and made three really thoughtless plays. At 200-400 and 300-600, these cost me 2400 chips (four bets lost, one bet not won), in an event where we only started with 3K ! That's giving yourself a mountain to climb. Having a drink with The Camel afterwards he was talking about players like John Juanda and JC Tran who are totally focussed when they're playing a hand, and begrudge giving up every single chip. That's what I need to approach. My job today, in the $1500 NL, is to concentrate on every hand I play and concentrate generally for as much of the time as possible.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?