Saturday, April 28, 2007

 

So How Was Damascus ?

I can almost see the attraction of satellites now. As I mentioned on Get It Quietly, I chinged a double shootout on Stars last night for a WSOP seat. Deep down I know it's all smoke and mirrors, but even so I was much more pumped than when I won, say, $15K on Mansion a couple of months ago even though the latter is more money which I could have used to ... etc etc.

These double shootouts do have a lot going for them compared to your traditional multi-table super. Briefly, winner take all (so no collusion fears or reliance on other players to be sane), discounted entry through W$, added money every now and then ($500 last night, every little helps), no obligation to whore self out via clothing [1], can play again and take the $ (ok the W$). Here's the play-by-play if you're interested, to be honest I didn't play well or badly I don't think, I just won every race, though I did feel comfortable in both heads-up games :

Stars WSOP DS

So it's off to Vegas and I'll be doing it properly this year. 11th June-19th July. Six weeks is an awfully long time in Vegas so maybe I can sort it out to play for three weeks, get out of Dodge for a few days and come back for the ME. I've pencilled in about $15K worth of lead-up events to play and we'll be starting off in a Strip view suite in the Rio. It's only internet dollars. Speaking of which, I managed to simultaneously cop $4000 on Eurobet while winning the seat, which is a bit of spending money. The plan is to keep my nose to the grindstone online till then to plump up the roll a bit more.

Regarding selling action in Vegas, this is something I have considered but rejected, pretty much. It's unnecessary to, for example, play for 60% of yourself in a $5K comp when you could just play a $3K instead. I might sell a very small amount of ME action (like 1% at a time) just to generate some funk power but apart from that I'm better off either swapping with people out there or just hogging it all myself :-).

One other snippet, someone said on 2+2 yesterday "cold calling with a big pair in late position is the new squeezing". Heh, maybe a year ago. Try to keep up.

[1] And in fact they can shove their $1000. The final table bonuses sound good until you check the fine print. If you accept the bonus then you have to be their bitch for a year with no further payment. Screw that.

Comments:
Hi Andy, your last comment ie if you accept their $1000 bonus you are theres for a year?? Sorry havent read the small print ao you can win your seat and then opt out of the $1000 is that correct?

cheers
kenn
 
Stars T+Cs :

http://www.pokerstars.com/wsop/terms/

Note 13 b). You only qualify for the Final Table bonuses if you sign up for a year.

Andy.
 
Andy,

Well done..If you had the option to take the $10K instead of a seat would you or were you planning to play the WSOPME anyway?

Redsimon
 
One other snippet, someone said on 2+2 yesterday "cold calling with a big pair in late position is the new squeezing". Heh, maybe a year ago. Try to keep up.


love the trumpet blowing, gl in V.

:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?