Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

One Hell Of A Laydown

Another thing I wasn't going to do in this blog is take the piss out of how badly people play. But you have to hear this one. Middle stages of a second chance tournament, blinds are 200-400 with a 50 ante. Geezer puts in 3000 leaving himself 2500 behind. I have him covered, find AQ and move in. Now he goes into the tank ! Just as I'm coming to terms with this he announces that he has Queens and he doesn't know what to do. By this point it's all I can do not to laugh in his face. "Aces, Kings, Aces, Kings, which is it ?" he burbles, "if you have Aces will you show me ?". They love all the moody stuff over here. I give him the steely glare and say "I never show cards". Finally he throws it away. But wait, there's more !

He keeps chuntering on and asking me whether I had Aces or Kings. I knock him back just for kicks. I move tables and I can still hear him going on. Eventually there's a break and he comes up to me again. "You can tell me, what difference does it make, I'm just curious". I just want him to fuck off [1] but I'm damned if I'm going to tell him. Finally he starts getting baity and says "just tell me if Queens was a good laydown". "No, it wasn't" I reply (hidden subtext : so stop bugging me dammit). He looks me right in the eye, says "then you made a bad play" and stomps off.

Awesome. After I had stopped laughing I made the final with above average chips, but you know me, I crashed out 6th trying to win it :-). Never mind, $750 profit and a good time had by all. It's amazing how sometimes you start a tournament dog tired (I nearly didn't play), but once you're caked up the adrenaline kicks in and I'm still wide awake now. Hopefully I will catch some zs tonight, I will need my energy for Pearl Jam tomorrow !

[1] I found out tonight that because the Orleans don't follow TDA rules, you can say "fuck" without penalty. Yes ! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck !!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?